Eating right for my blood type O+

December 1st I started out of the gate...

I have to maintain a strong protein diet. Because eating several types of fruits and vegetables during the day keeps me hungry and makes me weak. Slows down my weight loss, and so I don't feel satisfied and I end up eating more, and turning to breads, grains, pasta - my ABSOLUTE enemies in ANY PORTION.

My body cannot function correctly with the above. In America, when I found the Zone diet, which is basically, going back to basics of eating. It stated this valid important truth - if you cannot trace the source of your food back ONE STEP to it's original source - DO NOT EAT IT!!!

Majority of the food aisles in grocery stores should be taken out. You know, the aisles with boxed cereals, instant cereals, breakfast bars, quick snacks. Canned cooked foods, all a waste, any processed foods, frozen processed dinners - all garbage!!!

A healthy O+ way of eating is protein and green vegetables and dark berries! While in the United States, I turned over to this way of eating and the weight literally melted off of me in no time flat!!! And it stayed off. Yes, I did my exercises, on an Elliptical for 45 minutes putting myself through it or as an alternative, 45 minute aerobic work out. I ate the following in whatever combination I could conjure or wanted to - twice a day, or on a busy out and about days, I grazed on nuts and dried Jerky for the day, or blue berries, black berries, dark cherries, dark plums - with berries always DARK and ate nothing else and was very satisfied. I ate the following from one day or another, the variety of REAL food to eat is plentiful.

Condiments: Real Lard for cooking, Olive Oil, Soy Sauce, Hot Sauces - Tobasco best! Vinegar, A1 Steak sauces

Fruits: Blue berries, black berries, Very dark plums, dark cherries

Dairy: Eggs, Cheese, Butter for cooking

Fresh Vegetables: Fresh cooked Greens; Mustard, Collard, Turnip, Kale, Green Cabbage, Savoy Cabbage, Spinach, Cilantro, Roman Lettuce, Garlic, Onions, any kind of Peppers, Ginger

Meats: Bacon, Sausage, Ham, hocks, Salt Pork, Smoked whatever I want, Beef - any kind of steak or roasts, Ribs - (Pork )... Lamb, Goose, Duck, Chicken, Turkey, Dried Jerky - (Deer) Venisen - Buffalo

Fish: Cat Fish, Bass, Cod, Trout, Whiting, Orange Roughy, Hokie, Crab, Shrimp, Lobster - whatever!

Other Proteins: Pinto beans, Black eye peas, Kidney beans, Lima beans, Lentils, Small white beans, Peanuts, Walnuts, Pecans, Brazil Nuts

Vitamins: -(Not from Walmart or Walgreens)- Go to Eniva - http://eniva.com - or a really good health food store - do not buy grocery store vitamins! Omega's 3, 6, 9 - a must to add to your diet

Minerals: Magnesium, Zinc, B-complex -or- Excellent multiple daily

Vitamins C

Vegetable Juicing: Daily or every other day with very fresh following; Cucumber, Beets, Carrots, Celery, Parsley, Spinach, Red and Yellow bell peppers, Tomatos, iceburg lettuce.




The above satisfied me, kept me from being hungry and the weight melted off! Notice that it's all real food! Notice also that I didn't cut the fat! Know why? Because the body uses REAL FAT - it absolutely needs it. Your skin, your hair, your joints, your BRAIN, your body needs fat! If you don't eat the junk, you won't put on any weight. The body will take the proteins, enzymes, fats and use every bit of it. What it doesn't, will come out in your stool. The foods above and exercise had me ontop of the game, feeling great, full of energy, in a good mood, thinking fast, focused, high levels of concentration often with as little as 5 to 6 hours sleep, never needed anymore - I woke up - wide awake and ready to get out of bed immediately - get to whatever woke me up.

Then - I met my second husband, came to England where the food and access to certain foods is totally different. Majority of the foods I was used to having at my side in America, I could not get in England - unless you lived by a major market and butcher - which we do not! The entire culture change and lifestyle difference threw me off of my routine, broke my rhythm and before I knew it, I was eating things I knew I shouldn't, because I simply couldn't get the things I ate at home to get me on track, as I had been in America due to all the food differences. I've been here 7 years and have gone down hill and I am just now getting myself back on track. I have gained too much weight the last 5 years. The first two, I fought and tried different things to stay on track, but - first slowly, it started coming on, then I just started losing control entirely, and the weight was back on. UGH! Now here I am, after these past years, having to learn alternatives, having to find what I can, and accept what I can't find. Everything is different here, more costly, not as large, nor as good in some cases, you wouldn't think that would be the case where the Queen is - but I speak from experience, it's not the same.

Foods that I cannot eat?
Breads of anykind!
This means no cornbread, corn flour, meals of anykind whatsoever! And sadly, this here list is the weight problem with most black Americans. We love our breads, corn bread -(Jiffy)-, pies, cakes, rolls, donuts, pancakes, french toast, you name it, but it don't like us! Wheat in any form! Pasta of any kind! No Potatoes No Bananas No Oranges No apples No Grapes No Cereals of any kind.

To much of the above is apart of the everyday English staple, especially potatoes, chips, Krisps, deep battered fried fish, cans of baked beans, terrible sausage with rusk fillers, and other things I won't mention. I have a huge battle ahead of me, because of what I have access to as an alternative, and the costs of those choices - but I have to do it, because I haven't been the same since. My health has really deterioated.

Books I strongly suggest. "Eat right for your bloodtype" & "Cook right for your bloodtype" They are excellent books and help you to get on the road to recovery and building a better you! Amazon Links: Eat right For your bloodtype... & Cook right for your bloodtype...

Well as I said, December 1st I started out of the gate, let's see how it goes...

Comments

  1. I wish you all the best and like you I started my journey as I don't call what I am doing a diet.
    I am 5ft 2" and I use to wiegh 180, am now down to 140 and I am hoping to reach my target of 130 by early next year. I work out on an elyptical machine, do pilates as well as stretches and spend time on a balance board. The hardest thing is to make the time. I decided in December I am worth the time so I put aside an hour a day and I am seeing results. Good Luck from Kreation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mercedes

    How fascinating and thanks for sharing! I am a blood type O+ and i decided to kick start my health and weight loss as my energy levels were low and totally out of balance

    And i discovered vegetable juicing and the difference in my skin! I can only do it over weekends
    Went to see a nutritionist and she said i wasnt getting enough protein and since i increased it and reduced the carbs, i am fuller for longer!

    I am eating just protein and veg in the evening but eating complex carbs and lots of fruit in the day. Increased my excercise regime.

    i am 5ft 2 and 11 stone.The aim is to be 9stone by May.
    Best of luck to you and i

    hugs
    briggy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Final Excerpt - Saoirse ~ The Irish Slave & The Divide

Scandal Addiction...

Mainstream vs. Self-Publishing w/ errors, typos oops grammar oh my...