Second Life - yes - I said - Second LIFE - come on in sometime!

My Avatar
Let me begin by saying, this is my third venture into Second Life. I know you've heard of it. Perhaps seen it - maybe even gave it a try. I heard about it a few years ago when it was in the early stages - it's far better now than it used to be. Back then, when you joined THEY gave you your name. Now, you pick your own. 

Anyway - back then, I went in - played around a bit and then left. That was it for quite some time, I wasn't in that place in life where I needed it nor was there room for it. I returned a few years later with my husband. We actually had some good times in there together - spent a few nights exploring just to see all there was to see and let me tell you - Second Life has a VAST and wide spreading world of everything you can image. Good and Bad. Yep, most certainly bad stuff - just like real life - but you can avoid all of that of course. The places we found that we loved to hang out were at the various ballrooms and dance halls. Oh my goodness - dressing up and hitting them - yeah - we had good times. Then we heard of some scams happening in there and basically - we came out. 

Now, we're no longer together. 

In an attempt to bring me out of my blue - one of our friends who has been in there since my second venture in invited me back. At first, simply put, I was too down - and turned down going in again. But - as time has gone by... hmmm. Well, two days ago, I was thinking about it and before I changed my mind, I went back in. I took up SecondLife again.

Because I'd completely closed  the other account, I had to start from scratch again and hey, that's fine. 

To be honest, my first life while I appreciate all there is to it, is not a party. Well - hey - I'm not a party person anyway - but I do like to step outside my box now and then and what better place to do so than in your very own custom built second life? Right? Yeah so - I thought let's do this thing.

Well let me tell you, am I glad that I did. That friend of mine, has a great
friend of her own, -(SL-hubby)- who has built her an incredible world there. We're all such good friends that now I'm feeling right at home and as usual, my mind is constantly working on what could be done there. After he helped me build an avatar persona so very close to my own - he took pictures of me, and his sl-wife and isn't it great? Do we look good or what? Hey, I feel good - that's me on the left, and she's of course on the right. Yeah - my plan is to have good times ahead - as best I can. 


As for the good time - they've set me up with a place to call my own and they placed me in their Euphoria Culture Center - for artists and other creative persons and well wouldn't you know it, me being a writer and all, I have my own corner in their world of artists. 

The perfect space and - get this - a group! Time to get busy even in there, and I'm ready too! It is GREAT! Yes, sooo - you a reader? Writer? Adventurist? Fellow SL Adventurer? That works, LOL - if you're inclined you'll have to give it a go.

You see while I'm writing - in THIS life - my avatar lady is writing there. We're both listening to excellent music that perfectly sets the mood to get some serious jottings done - like this blog for instance. Here, let me show her to you - so proud of her sitting at her desk writing as I do so at mine.
Look at her go. Well, you can't hahahaha, she's not animated for you, but I can see her though, she's got that feather and getting it done as I do the same. 

We - friends and I have plans - oh yes we do! The group, remember? Yeah - called, Keyes of Amber Swann - ha! I love it.

You know, what is so strange about having a avatar in second life is that one can actually "Feel" a connection. Weird I know, but it's true - for me anyway, and I think for most others who come in and stay in - they find that something that's missing in their 1st life. 

When dancing - you feel the enjoyment of it.
While shopping - you're excited about finding that perfect outfit for whatever occasion.
While socializing with friends... you truly feel the pleasure from being with those friends.

Yeah... Second Life - it's pretty cool.

And my SL lady - is - sharp! Wooo! Yes she is, hahahaha. Hair done to perfection the way I wish mine always looked. Clothes fit that body that I shaped much easier than this one that breaks down on me now and then, LOL. My SL lady is dressed in her finest even though I cannot afford to do the same for myself.

Strange, I feel like I have a silent companion. She's holding a feather quill writing and I'm holding my pentel fine black writer penning my thoughts and listening to my sister, and friend - Toni Harper-Dunlap - yeah - what more could a home-body like me ask for? I cannot explain the feeling of un-lonely (sorry made up word heehee), that this does for me. So, I'm going to keep it and grow it alongside my other pursuits in life in this one the 1st one - see where it takes me.


Know this - Second Life is not about crawling away from the real world - but most certainly about escaping it sometimes. It's about seeking safe, comfortable and pleasant adventures that you may not be able to afford in the real world. No worries about passports or visa's. Plane tickets, gasoline, fighting traffic, or trying to get all those days off at work you might or might not get. 

It doesn't work for everyone, but at this point and time in my life - it most certainly works for me. Since I'm easy to please, unassuming, and simply want peace - I found the second place for it. The first is my place of worship with my Creator - this is a good second. You create the atmosphere that works for you.

What do you need?

A decent computer - the newer the better. You want at least 4 gb ram on it for rezzing memory. A decent internet speed connection. And the patience to get familiar with how to move about. There are loads of places for picking up free things to wear, hair and your skin - the one you'll be in that makes you feel like you or the you you'd rather be.

You up for it? Well come on in and check it out. If you know me at Facebook or Google+ or Rendo or Daz3d - contact me and I'll friend you. Can't give you my handle here because well - I need to stay guarded, what a world right? I'm talking about the REAL one.

So if you're a friend, reader, writer, adventurer - let's hook up for some fun.

Hope to see you there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Excerpt - Saoirse ~ The Irish Slave & The Divide

Scandal Addiction...

Mainstream vs. Self-Publishing w/ errors, typos oops grammar oh my...